Tuesday, February 5, 2008

ubuntu on acer aspire 5920


I just bought a new laptop less than 2 weeks ago and I installed Ubuntu right away.. well, as soon as I could anyway (I´ll share the story about all my adventures some other time!)

My latest problem was: How do I get the sound to work??


After much ubuntu forum searching, I found the solution...



Open volume control (double click on the speaker icon in the upper right corner of the screen)
In volume control make sure that in File -> Change device the "HDA Intel (alsa mixer)" is selected.
Go to Edit -> Preferences and select all tracks in the list.
Unmute and increase volume on "PCM", "Surround", "Center", "Side" and "LFE". Sound should work nicely now. Optionally mute the micophone sliders.


Thanks ¨DrunkDelirium¨... now if only I could get the keyboard fixed...

No comments: