I put on 20lbs between American Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!
So of course, I wasn't too happy and promptly went for a run and did sit-ups. I lost 5 lbs almost right away. Even my belly started to pull up a bit!
But that was the end of it. For one month, no weight loss, no muscle gain despite
1) changing my diet,
2) swimming 3 times a week and
3) doing some weights at the gym!!!
So... I hired a trainer.
My husband immediately offered alternatives, because after all, I've done this before and simply wasted hundreds of dollars. I could eat more protein, cut out the sugar, go to bed a tiny bit hungry... But I was tired of stabbing in the dark. I was willing to work hard, but I wanted to see results.
I did some research first(online mostly) and decided that the plan was to meet the trainer every week and get a workout plus nutritional guidelines every week.
Well, I found a trainer with experience and certification who worked out of my gym. It's been about a month since I started and I have lost about 5 more pounds, but more importantly : I actually fit in some of my old clothes again!!! CRAZY but true! I'm not starving either. In fact, I eat quite a bit!
Here's what I've been doing :
1h 2x a week, and 1.5h on Sat morns
2x a week : brutal, high rep, low weight.
It's all about form though. I have no injuries in spite of the workout!!
- squats till my legs burn
- more squats,
- lunges with my legs on fire.
- stagger to do chest press,
- flop to the bench for lats,
- glue myself to the mirror for shoulders,
- stick myself to the wall for biceps ,
- yank on a cord until my triceps lockup,
- yank on the rope for more triceps
- core, core, core for about 5min.-- I'm completely whipped and lifeless now
I am just adding cardio now, in tiny bits of 15-50 min cruises with nothing in zone 5. I won't venture there until next week, I think..